Rebel is a gorgeous Husky and a sweet, attentive boy with a playful personality.
Last updated: Feb 15, 2019
- Arrival date: Nov 14, 2018
- Breed: Husky
- Sex: Male
Young, Adult, Mature, Senior
- Weight: Arrived at 45 pounds (should be closer to 70) we are over-feeding on a prescription diet to build his weight quickly. 52 pounds Dec. 7. 65.2 pounds Jan 28. Time to start tapering off.
- Spay/Neutered: Jan 4, 2019
- General Health: Excellent,
Good, Fair, Poor
- Temperament: Mild mannered and affable
- Gets Along with Dogs: Yes
- Gets Along with People: Yes
- Housebroken/Crate Trained: Yes
- Departure date: March 1st, 2019
About two years ago Rebel was purchased as a puppy for a young man in high school. That young man is now preparing to graduate and go off to college and he realizes that he’s not providing the care that Rebel needs. He and his mom decided to surrender Rebel to Steele Away Home so that he can find a family that can care for him properly.
Known Issues & Progress
Rebel is extremely thin from not eating.
Appetite is vastly improved and he is gaining weight. See notes for Dec. 8th for details.
The only issue remaining is a tendency to diarrhea, but that is controllable by giving him 2 heaping tablespoons of yogurt with his breakfast. The probiotics keep his gut healthy. I’ve tried him on peach flavored and vanilla flavored, he likes both equally well. He does NOT like plain yogurt, he says it’s “nasty”. I serve it in a separate dish, and if I forget to give him this, he sits and looks at his kibble, “Hey! Where is my appetizer?” Although, he is fine with just a bowl of kibble at dinner time.
All the issues I’m dealing with in Rebel are perfectly natural for a Husky. They have a personality all their own and can be a handful for people not accustomed to Huskies. But if you know what you’re doing (or are willing to learn) Huskies make wonderful, entertaining companions.
- DA2PP: 12/08/2018 (S.A.H.)
- Bordatella: 12/08/2018 (S.A.H.)
- Wormed: Nov 15, 16, 17, Fendbendazole: 12 ml (PMFC)
- Wormed: Nov 23, 24, 25, Panacur: 10.3 ml (PMFC per Cedarwood)
- Rabies: Jan. 4th, 2019 by Paws & Claws
- Neuter: Jan. 4th, 2019 by Paws & Claws
- Flea/Tick preventative: Nov 26th, 2018 Advantage (PMFC)
. Jan 5th, 2019 Advantage (PMFC)
- Heartworm preventative: Jan. 5th, 2019 NuHeart (PMFC)
. Feb 1st, 2019 Ivermectin (PMFC)
. Feb 9th, 2019 NuHeart (PMFC)
- Heartworm Test – Jan. 4, 2019 NEGATIVE (Paws & Claws)
Updates on foster dogs are posted regularly. For a listing of updates that include Rebel [click here]
In roughly chronological order, newest at the bottom. Click the thumbnails to enlarge. Some pictures are linked to Doggy Tales and videos about Rebel, click those to open the related story or video.
|If you enjoy our updates, Doggy Tales, and educational articles consider subscribing for notices when new pieces are posted. It’s painless and you can unsubscribe any time you want. Your e-mail address is used ONLY to deliver these notices.||